The lack of access to clean water is a serious issue in Indonesia. This is a major concern because of the lack of clean water reduces the level of hygiene in the communities and raises the chances of people contracting skin diseases or other waterborne diseases.
Issues with Water in Indonesia
Drinking polluted water can make you extremely sick. But do you know the many different ways polluted water can make you ill? Drinking contaminated water can cause the following sicknesses:
• Skin rashes
• Cancer (cancers like leukemia can develop after drinking dirty water for long periods of time)
• Reproductive problems (reproductive problems, infertility)
• Developmental problems (learning disabilities can occur from drinking dirty water for prolonged periods of time)
• Gastrointestinal Problems
• Intestinal or Stomach Cramping
• Intestinal or Stomach Aches and Pains
(Can you drink tap water in Indonesia? – Source)
Al-Ihsan Indonesian Water Wells Project
Al-Ihsan Foundation was able to provide 90,780 beneficiaries with clean water wells through their project. The water wells were built in the vicinities of schools, mosques, boarding schools, and residential areas. This will ensure easy access to clean water for children, men, and women and will ensure a healthier more productive lifestyle.
Help change the lives of families living in these conditions without basic access to clean, on-demand water.
Water Wells are a Sadaqah Jariyah
Donate towards a Sadaqah Jariyah which will provide you with rewards for as long as people benefit from your good deeds.
You can even donate on behalf of a loved one or a deceased relative.
The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) said:
“When a man passes away, his good deeds will also come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased)”
The Water Well Process
1. Make the water well donation online.
2. Plaque will be created with the nominated name provided.
3. Plaque is sent to the donor for approval via WhatsApp.
4. Once approved, the plaque is sent to the Al-Ihsan team in Indonesia for printing.
5. Well in dug and constructed. Videos and photos are taken of the well.
6. Report if created.
7. Report, photos and videos are sent to the donor.